Double Century Prep

I am planning to ride a Double Century tomorrow from Pasadena to Ojai, returning up Encinal Canyon and Agoura Road. I typically ride easy the week before a Double Century. This allows me mentally and physically to feel sharp and able to complete a ride that's 12 hours in the saddle without feeling too fatigued. 

The weather this week has been conducive to cycling, especially for August. Overcast mornings extending until 10:00 or 11:00 am, with temperatures under 80. Tomorrow is supposed to be even a little cooler.

I will get up at 3:45 am and roll by 4:50 am. I plan to return home about 6:30 pm. I plan to ride tempo with some hard efforts, and reduce my stopped time to about one hour. I will run front and rear lights and bring gel and powder, and stop four or five times to refill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local Steep Climbs

Congratulations, I started a blog!

Wednesday Velo