Ventura Double Century

 On Saturday, August 21, I rode my Ventura Double Century route. I woke up at 3:30 am and rolled at 4:37 am. I returned home at 6:00 pm, and had less than 45 minutes stopped time. I stopped twice to refill. 

The weather was excellent. Air temps from 60 to 75, and some mist in Simi Valley and Santa Paula. It was cloudy all day until I descended Westlake-- I only saw the sun for the last 50 miles of the ride. I didn't eat much, but drank 4 bottles os Gatorade Endurance, Spiz and Tailwind. I also drank a gatorade at the first stop and a large coke at the second stop. 

My legs felt great. I had no issues with cramping or bonking. I never felt dehydrated. I felt strong at the end.

I added 10 miles in Ojai, climbing Hwy 33 (intentionally) and a couple miles thinking there was a 7-11 on Lindero Canyon (unintentionally), and I ended up with 216 miles and 11k elevation gain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local Steep Climbs

Congratulations, I started a blog!

Wednesday Velo